After the ‘I do’s’ and pictures are snapped, the food is eaten and cake is cut comes one of the most important parts of any wedding: the playlist. Whether you are hiring a DJ or creating your own playlist there are just some songs that are an absolute must for your big wedding day. More and more brides are beginning to create their own unique, personal playlists. Their bridal parties will have a say in the matter and help out with picking their favorite songs. Music backlights some of the most important moments of the day. This list includes marching down the aisle, marching back up as a newly married couple, and the all-important first dance. Now brides are introducing their bridal parties with some favorite songs chosen by the bridesmaids. Having the perfect soundtrack to your wedding can make the perfect day even better.
So what songs are best to put on a playlist? It all depends on the bride. Some brides love funky 70’s music while another bride might be dedicated to hip hop. But there are a few key songs that every wedding should have on their playlist and every bride should add to keep the party going!
1) Ho Hey – The Lumineers: This is a song meant for the end of the night when things are a bit mellower.
2) Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard: A silly, dance-worthy song for the rockers to enjoy! Can be played in the middle of the night for a good laugh and a fun dance.
3) Love Shack – B-52’s: A classic wedding song. This is for all the dancers. Another fun song to have on the list.
4) Cha Cha Slide – DJ Casper: This is one of those songs you should have on your playlist. Those people who aren’t keen on dancing will love joining in on this one.
5) Single Ladies – Beyonce: Another party song to have on the list. Most brides change the wording around to fit their situation (he put a ring on it).
6) You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC: This song often brings out the crazy dance moves in the wedding party. Air guitar anyone?
7) Cupid Shuffle – Cupid: Like the Cha Cha Slide, this song will help people relax and have a go at dancing.
8) Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey: No wedding playlist is complete without at least one Journey song. They are the ultimate feel-good songs that will get your party believin’.
9) When a Man Loves a Woman – Michael Bolton: A classic song for when it’s time to slow things down. The special couple will be able to dance close for this song.
10) Thrift Shop – Macklemore: A huge hit on radio this song is bound to get the younger crowd out on the floor showing off their thrifty dance moves.
11) Push It – Salt n’ Pepa: The ladies will all be on the dance floor for this. A good song for the bridesmaids and bride to show their moves off to.
12) Lovesong – Adele: This song is for the couples. They’ll enjoy it more than anyone else at the wedding.
13) Burn – Ellie Goulding: A slower song for dancing but one that will imprint the specialness of the wedding on everyone there.
14) I Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley: An old song for the special couple to dance to. Some of the older guests might also appreciate the song.
15) Take on Me – A-ha: A blast from the past. This is a different kind of dance party but still a great pick.
16) Little Talks – Of Monsters and Men: An upbeat song that has both slow and fast moments. It can create some funny moments!
17) Carried Away – Passion Pit: Another great dance song that will keep people on their feet.
18) Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen: A funny song that will get people laughing and on the dance floor singing along.
19) The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra: A classic song that often makes it onto any good list. There are also various artists to pick from when adding this to your playlist.
20) No Man Is An Island – Jack’s Mannequin: A fantastic first dance song. Not many know about this, but if you haven’t chosen a first dance yet check it out!
Even if some of the tips aren’t for you, there are always ways to save on your big day. If you need help with anything for your wedding or would like to have a consultation with one of our fashion experts. Give us a phone call at 703-494-2929 or schedule a consultation. Don’t forget to mention “Go Chic. Go Labella.” for specials.
Labella Bridal & Consignment Boutique, where chic and affordability go together in style.
What song did you play on your wedding day?